Date:      Tue, 23 Feb 1999 17:21:56 -0500
From:      Christopher Michaels <ChrisMic@clientlogic.com>
To:        'Benn Sugden' <bsugden@email.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: IP addresses

From the FreeBSD FAQ (http://www.freebsd.org/FAQ/FAQ186.html#188)

10.9. How can I setup Ethernet aliases?
Add ``netmask 0xffffffff'' to your ifconfig command-line like the following:

	ifconfig ed0 alias 204.141.95.2 netmask 0xffffffff

Also this can be defined in the rc.conf
I believe the line is the following:

	ifconfig_ed0_alias0 "204.141.95.2 netmask 0xffffffff"
		ifconfig_ed0_alias1 "204.141.95.3 netmask 0xffffffff"

Unfortunately I am not in front of my BSD machine as I am at work and cannot
verify this.  Hopefully someone else on the list will correct me if I'm
wrong, otherwise I will double check the syntax when I get home.
-Chris