Date:      21 Jul 2000 11:29:58 -0700
From:      asami@freebsd.org (Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami)
To:        Joe Greco <jgreco@ns.sol.net>
Cc:        alex@big.endian.de (Alexander Langer), ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: tcsh broken

 * From: Joe Greco <jgreco@ns.sol.net>

 * control over that.  But I sort of wish that the older tarball (i.e.
 * 6.09.01 in this case) would reliably get mirrored on wcarchive,

I'm sorry this was the case.  I'm doing all I can in my power to make
it happen, but in this case this is why it didn't work:

(1) The tcsh port was updated after tcsh was merged into 4-stable

(2) At that time, we were already in the 4.1-release mode and the
    package building machines (which also fetches new distfiles and
    copies them to ftp.FreeBSD.org) were running builds for 4-stable
    only

(3) The authors updated tcsh so fast again and took down the old
    distfiles

If I had any control over it, I'd get more machines so that we don't
have to do (2), but right now with only 6 machines to run the
compilation (two of them died since last year) and with over 3,600
ports, it takes almost two full days to compile one set so it's simply
not possible to take care of all branches sufficiently during the
release cycle.

-PW