Date:      Mon, 16 Apr 2001 21:34:05 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
To:        Wes Kurdziolek <wkurdzio@cslab.vt.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-hubs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New freebsd mirror

<<On Mon, 16 Apr 2001 11:15:43 -0400 (EDT), Wes Kurdziolek <wkurdzio@cslab.vt.edu> said:

> Actually, what does it take to be a CVSup mirror?

Lots of CPU, lots of memory, and blazing fast disks.  (Or, in our
case, not much of any of those, so we have fairly poor performance.
I'm hoping to be able to get a fibre-channel RAID box to go along with
the replacement for cvsup3.freebsd.org; that along with the new
filesystem layout algorithm will probably make a big difference in the
number of clients we'll be able to serve.)

-GAWollman