Date:      Mon, 22 Oct 2001 12:34:50 +0100
From:      Paul Robinson <paul@akita.co.uk>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Chat <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: I'll be in Europe in November.  Anything interesting to do?

On Oct 16, Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com> wrote:

> I'll be going to the EuroBSDCon next month.  Since it's at the other
> end of the world, it seems like a good idea to do something else while
> I'm there.  Does anybody have any suggestions?  The Con is in England,
> of course, but I'm not limiting myself to England.

I know you sent this nearly a week ago, but I'm only just now getting around
to clearing out the inbox after a week of the flu.

I will also be at BSDcon Europe in mid-November. I am, however, at a loss to
suggest what else to do whilst in Europe. You (like me) are going to find
yourself on the South Cost of England (Brighton) in the middle of November.
This is not a wholly unpleasant experience, although there isn't a huge
amount that presents itself. Other than the bleak skies. Huge waves.
Chilling winds. Oh yeah, and isn't it Brighton that has a Gay Village? So at
least there is a guarantee of some open-minded nightlife. :-)

I do know that in the days leading up to the conf, there is a PHP conference
over in Germany - http://www.php-conference.de/2001/index_en.php - which I
considered going to, but will be unable to attend. You might consider it
worth the entrance, plus the chance to get schloozled in Frankfurt. If they
had had this in October, then the Oktoberfest would have been well worth
visiting. :-)

Otherwise, the only thing I can suggest is to go and do your Christmas
shopping. You're less than an hour away on the train from London, or a few
hour away by air from anywhere in Europe (after you get to London). Of
course, you could always go to the Alps to do some ski-ing/babe-watching.
Something I'm considering myself.

If you really are at a loss, I'm always willing to be your amiable drinking
partner. :-)