Date:      Thu, 11 Oct 2018 07:25:30 -0400
From:      Mark Saad <nonesuch@longcount.org>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Carp questions

All
  I am running into two carp questions I can=E2=80=99t easily find an answer=
 too . Before I go off and try to break stuff I figured i=E2=80=99de ask if a=
nyone has tried this and has any pointers .

Issue one : adding more user defined bits to the custom carp Mac . So this i=
s not all that common but in some cases you can have two pairs of carp serve=
rs with overlapping vhids that eventually cause trouble with each other.  Ha=
s anyone tried this ? I am ok with random-ish mac=E2=80=99s like how crossbo=
w does this on illumos .=20

Issue two: one way carp fail over . For example node a and b are carp partne=
rs . Node a crashes node b takes over but there is no automatic fail back wh=
en node a recovers . I can=E2=80=99t find a way to do this in 11.x . I am st=
umped anyone have any built into magic for this ?=20

---
Mark Saad | nonesuch@longcount.org=