Date:      Sat, 22 Mar 1997 12:04:40 +0000
From:      Gary Jennejohn <garyj@munich.netsurf.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ISDN TA drivers

Ted Spradley writes:
>Is anybody working on a device driver for any of the cheap new ISDN terminal
>adapters, e.g., Diamond Supra NetCommander, Diva, Cardinal Technology.
>
>Sure would hate to have to buy an external router, when FreeBSD could the job
>so much better.
>
>Of course, I *could* write the driver myself, if no one's in a hurry
>(including me).

do you have any pointers to web pages for Diva and Cardinal Technology ?

I found the Diamond page. The NetCommander is just a passive ISDN card,
no big deal. These things are a-dime-a-dozen here in Europe, from other
vendors, e.g. Teles, Creatix, Dr. Neuhaus, AVM. And they only cost
about $ 100.

AFAIK the only existing drivers are for said European cards. I'm not
aware that other drivers are in the works, but I don't know what's
happening outside of Europe.

A good starting point might be the existing bisdn stuff, which has
support for passive cards. You might want to take a look at it.
ftp://ftp.muc.ditec.de/isdn/bisdn0.97.tgz (or something similar)

The driver for passive cards is teles.c.

- ---
Gary Jennejohn
Home - Gary.Jennejohn@munich.netsurf.de
Work - gjennejohn@frt.dec.com