Date:      13 Sep 2001 09:51:17 -0700
From:      asami@FreeBSD.org (Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami)
To:        "Akinori MUSHA" <knu@iDaemons.org>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>, FreeBSD-ports <ports@FreeBSD.org>, releng@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: OSREL on bento

 * Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 19:15:18 +0900
 * From: "Akinori MUSHA" <knu@iDaemons.org>

Thanks for spotting the problem!

 * As far as I know, Satoshi tweaks uname and other possible means to
 * detect the OS version in the chroot environment as far as possible
 * so the packages build and work on -RELEASE correctly.

That is correct (up to the "as far as possible" part...).

I used to also tweak the running kernels, but the netboot stopped
working in our setup on 4-stable a while ago so the underlying systems
are not updated.

 * But this time he might have forgotten to do that, obviously.

Yes. :<

I just restarted the build in "accelerated" mode (no cvs update, no
index rebuild, etc.)

This will be about a 9 hour delay from the original estimate.  Sorry
about that, Jordan, Steve and the rest of the world. (_ _)

Satoshi