Date:      Wed, 28 Apr 1999 01:05:29 -0500
From:      John Lengeling <johnl@raccoon.com>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        John Kenagy <jktheowl@bga.com>, questions freebsd <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Unable to connect W98 box via samba

Did this last week.  Win98 comes out of the box with encrypted passwords
enabled.  I had Samba 2.0.2 configured with out encrypted passwords and
you need to edit your Win98 registry to disable encrypted passswords.
The info is in /usr/local/share/doc/samba/textdocs/Win95.txt.

After I did this, the Win98 could see the FreeBSD Samba shares.

johnl