Date:      Sat, 26 May 2012 19:28:01 +0200
From:      Mel Flynn <rflynn@acsalaska.net>
To:        Oliver Pinter <oliver.pntr@gmail.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu@freebsd.org>, x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: libX11 and clang: compile error

On 26-5-2012 19:17, Oliver Pinter wrote:
> I think src.conf is relevant, while it changes the system behavior, as
> changed the default cc from gcc-4.2 to clang.

Thinking it doesn't make it so. Run:
grep _WITHOUT_SRCCONF /usr/share/mk/*.mk

Then investigate.
Setting CC in /etc/src.conf has *no effect on CC passed to the ports*.
Really. It does not.
The file that can do that is /etc/make.conf.
Another way is setting CC in your environment variables, through
/etc/login.conf, /etc/yourshellrc ~/.profile ~/.[cz]?shrc and what not.

In order to debug your issue, you should provide the output of what make
thinks CC and CPP are and backtrack where they are set.
Start with:
make -C /usr/ports/x11/libX11 -V CC -V CPP
--
Mel