Date:      Tue, 23 Jun 1998 12:32:01 +0200
From:      Eivind Eklund <eivind@yes.no>
To:        shimon@simon-shapiro.org, Chris Parry <laotzu@juniper.net>
Cc:        freebsd-SCSI@FreeBSD.ORG, alex@nac.net, Tom <tom@sdf.com>
Subject:   Re: DPT support binaries - How to Setup

On Mon, Jun 22, 1998 at 07:31:29PM -0400, Simon Shapiro wrote:
> > Is there another way you all would recommend?  Perhaps just doing
> > everything from floppy and then RAID-1 the scsi drives (and just forget
> > IDE), then install DOS and Freebsd?
>
> Yup.  If you use a mirroring/RAID controller (they ARE available for IDE),
> then the O/S, and even the BIOS are not aware of the mirror, and the
> copying is done automatically.

Here are the two I've found - if someone else has a source, please
come with it :-)
	Tekram (PCI, $102 to $116, depending on outlet):
	http://www.shopper.com/prdct/657/24.html

	Note: A whole series of adapters are described at
	http://www.tekram.com/hot_products.asp?Product=DC-600_Series
	These controllers also do caching, and require a minimum of
	4MB cache.  They are available in ISA, EISA, and PCI versions.
	There is somewhat conflicting descriptions on the web site as
	to how transparent they are (both references to the "Windows
	NT driver" and "totally transparent to the operating system")

	Data Technology (IDE, $78 to $91 depending on outlet):
	http://www.shopper.com/prdct/049/28.html

	Note: Data Technology no longer advertise this product on
	their webpages, which may mean it is being discontinued.

Eivind.