Date:      Mon, 4 Mar 2002 09:28:55 -0700
From:      "John Nielsen" <oniblerz@attbi.com>
Subject:   Re: Upgrading to Xf864, how do I get wheel moyse to work?

----- Original Message -----
From: "stan" <stanb@awod.com>
Sent: Monday, March 04, 2002 8:41 AM

> I'm upgrading to Xf6864 from the ports tree.
>
> I am using mousedd to handle the mouse and pass it on to X.
>
> What configuration changes do I need to make to moused, and X to take
> advantage of my wheel mouse?

This post belongs on -questions, if anywhere.  The answer is also covered
in the FAQ.
 (http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/x.html#X-AND-WHEEL)

Basically, you need to add "-z 4" to "moused_flags" in rc.conf.  And your
mouse section in XF86Config should look something like this:
    Section "InputDevice"
       Identifier      "Mouse1"
       Driver          "mouse"
       Option          "Protocol" "auto"
       Option          "Device" "/dev/sysmouse"
       Option          "Buttons" "5"
    EndSection

If the software you want to use the scroll wheel in isn't new enough to
recognize it on its own, you may wish to install the imwheel port/package.

JN