Date:      Tue, 19 May 2015 17:50:29 -0700
From:      NGie Cooper <yaneurabeya@gmail.com>
To:        dave@sopwith.solgatos.com
Cc:        "freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org" <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Trying to use clang/head and XCC

On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 1:35 PM, Dave Seifert
<davidalanseifert@gmail.com> wrote:
> sean typed:
>> No documentation of what CFLAGS are required to build and ignore warnings.
>
> Are you *sure* that ignoring those warnings is a good idea?

The problem is that clang emits a *lot* of warnings with -Wall that
gcc doesn't, which causes failures if -Werror is enabled in the build
(annoying, but I've run into this at work...). Please see my earlier
reply about 10.0-RELEASE builds being broken on 11.0-CURRENT with
clang 3.6.0.

Also, gcc emits different warnings because (IIRC) it analyzes code
that's been optimized whereas I believe clang does it beforehand
(please correct me if I'm wrong).

Thanks,
-NGie