Date:      Wed, 5 Aug 1998 15:43:53 -0500
From:      Paul Keusemann <pkeusem@visi.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Install problem: can't boot from boot floppy

I'm trying to install the May 24, 1998 3.0 snapshot onto an older
pentium box I've got at home.  It's currently running Linux without
problems but I can't get the boot floppy past the copyright message.
The boot loader loads and runs, it loads and uncompresses the kernel,
displays the "Booting the kernel" message, prints out the copyright
messages and reboots.  I've also tried 2.2.6 and 2.2.7 with similar
results, these both hang in the copyright message.

I've checked the boot floppies by reading them back with dd and piping
to cksum, the results compare OK with the images on the CD or off the net.
I'm not sure where to go from  here.  Any ideas would be appreciated.

Machine config:

	FIC PA2002 with  Intel Pentium 133
	64M RAM (2 x 32M simms)
	Adaptec 1542cf