Date:      Thu, 18 Oct 2001 23:40:58 -0400
From:      "John" <j.telford@sympatico.ca>
To:        "Mike Semcheski" <jimmyjump77@hotmail.com>, <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ipfw and natd

Your natd_interface should be on the public interface tl0, not fxp0 and also
have
gateway_enable="YES" in rc.conf too.

If that natd is a typo and it is already set to tl0 then perhaps this will
help:
Check that your default gateway on the Win2k points to the ip of fxp0.
Install the port  /usr/ports/net/trafshow on your Fbsd box, fire it up on
each interface and see if the packets go through.
You say you are on DSL is this using PPPoE ? If so then you may have to
adjust your MTU on the Win2K box. There's a couple ways to do this:
- change the registry on the Win2K box, lots of info on this out there.
- let the FreeBSD box do it for you on the fly. to do this you need either
the latest ppp drivers available at http://www.awfulhak.org/ppp.html or
upgrade to a newer version of Fbsd. Installing the ppp is quicker.
Leave the firewall set to open until you get it going then lock it down.
Regards, John.