Date:      Sun, 28 Sep 2008 15:51:43 -0500
From:      "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        "Joe Marcus Clarke" <marcus@freebsd.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Status of GNOME 2.24

On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 15:29:59 -0500, Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@freebsd.org>
wrote:

> As some of you may have seen, we committed GNOME 2.24 to MarcusCom CVS a
> few days ago.  Since this, mezz has been working on the UPDATING
> instructions (should be good to go in MC-UPDATING), and I just started
> the GNOME 2.24 package builds on i386 and am64.
>
> What we need from you, the users are reports of regressions (i.e.
> "known" issues), screenshots, and general feedback.  One item we need
> feedback on in particular is GDM.  The GNOME release team made a
> last-minute decision to ship GDM 2.24 with GNOME 2.24.  There are some
> known AT regressions and possibly some XDMCP regressions.  We need to
> make sure a large enough set of users test this port out.  If our user
> base is seeing these regressions, we may decide to ship GDM 2.20 along
> with 2.24, and give users a choice.
>
> To start using GNOME 2.24, see
> http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/docs/develfaq.html .  Packages for all
> supported versions of FreeBSD will take a few days to complete.
> Screenshots and feedback can be sent to freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org .
> Thanks!

By the way, make sure to checkout MC ports-stable first then MC ports
second. The MC ports will not working without MC ports-stable.

Cheers,
Mezz

Complete OT: Go KC Chiefs (19 - 33)!! Yeah! I don't know what they had for
breakfast this morning... :-)

--
mezz7@cox.net  -  mezz@FreeBSD.org
FreeBSD GNOME Team