Date:      Wed, 28 Sep 2005 11:48:13 +0200
From:      Simon 'corecode' Schubert <corecode@fs.ei.tum.de>
To:        rashmi ns <nsrashmi@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, bugi@lists.redbrick.dcu.ie
Subject:   Re: IOCTL :Facing problems while acccessing data from kernel space

rashmi ns wrote:
>>#define HDLCMODE _IOR('6',0xF,int)
>>when i trying to uprintf the data which was sent from the user-space in
>>the device-driver-ioctl-routine i'll get a different value than which was
>>passed. Can anybody please tell me why this is happening . I pass the
>>address of an integer where data is stored from the user space as third arg
>>to the ioctl call .

maybe you should show how you do it in kernel.  I suspect you try to
access it as an int* as well, which is wrong.  The kernel already does
take care of this for you.  Just write the integer you want to pass into
the data area and you're done.

cheers
   simon

Work - Mac      +++  space for low $$$ NOW!1  +++      Campaign     \ /