Date:      Sun, 8 Jul 2001 11:02:02 +1200
From:      "Juha Saarinen" <juha@saarinen.org>
To:        "'Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH'" <allbery@ece.cmu.edu>, <tsikora@powerusersbbs.com>, <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: JFS

:: | Absolutely false. Works perfectly... I have had it on
:: several machines

Sorry, I should have been more explicit: Linux 2.4, ReiserFS and NFS has
(have?) issues. Search Google, and see for yourself. 2.2.x appears to
work fine, but I have no direct experience of that combo.

Now, going back to FreeBSD, one of the things that I was looking at
ReiserFS for was to use it as the file system for a Squid cache volume.
Apparently, ReiserFS is quick with lots of small files.

Are there any "tweaks" for UFS worth trying in a similar scenairo, ie.
on a largish (1GB+) Squid volume?

-- Juha