Date:      Wed, 8 Mar 2000 14:33:24 +0000
From:      Chris.Smith@raytheon.co.uk
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Qs: Voodoo 3, Glide, Linux compat, Silicon Motion?

Hi,

Has anyone managed to wangle the linux compat stuff to make Glide work with
the 3DFx Voodoo 3 3000 AGP?  If so, is there any info about telling me how
to do it?

Another one:- I have used Unreal Tournament successfully on SuSE Linux
(please dont hit me) 6.3 without any problems, but I'd rather rm SuSE and
use the disc to store Mp3s :-)  Does UT Linux run under FreeBSD and if so,
how do you get it to work (from a Glide PoV - I can install it ok)?  I'm
running 3.4-RELEASE with the fixed sysinstall after beating it for an hour
in annoyance.

One last question.  Has anyone tried X3.3.6 on a Silicon Motion Lynx
graphics chipset as I still havent tried it on my laptop and I dont want to
break whats on it unless I'm sure it will work.  I dont trust xfree86.org's
statement:- 'Yes we do support it', so please dont redirect me there.  I
need hard proof.

Thanks people

Chris Smith
Raytheon Systems Limited