Date:      Tue, 27 Apr 1999 12:50:10 -0500 (CDT)
From:      John Kenagy <jktheowl@bga.com>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@rush.net>
Cc:        questions freebsd <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: *still* unable to su!?

On Tue, 27 Apr 1999, Alfred Perlstein wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Apr 1999, John Kenagy wrote:
>
> > I'm still baffled.
> >
> > Thanks for the several previous responses and I went back and did
> > them again.

<snippage>

> *stumbling blindly*
>
> did you enable "NIS"?

No, I haven't started that bit of joy yet.

Turns out that it is the little "s" bit was set to "x". Part of
the failed install I'm guessing since the binary comes out of
the box that way.

	-r-sr-xr-x 1 root bin 7384 Apr 27 10:33 /usr/bin/su
note:---   ^

Thanks to Joe Orthoefer for pointing this out! (Separate reply)

And Thank you for your quick reply, too!

John