Date:      Thu, 27 Dec 2001 18:20:01 -0500 (EST)
From:      Sam Drinkard <sam@vortex.wa4phy.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   What a Can of Worms!

I have to say it, since I asked the question here.. compiling gnome
and all it's bits is not for the faint-hearted.  I've been running
makes for about 3 hours now, and it's still not done.  Had to start
clean once, because of a lib dependency but now all seems to be
working OK.. hopefully I'll know soon if the whole mess works again.
Next time somebody bitches about something not being in the packages
section of a -release, send 'em to me.. I'll tell it like it is!  To
all the people who make -releases possible, my very sincere thanks to
all the work and debugging that goes into one.  I think next time,
I'll just wait it out and grab the CD's.  Gotta be lots less hair
pulling.

Now I'll shut up and leave things alone!

Sam