Date:      Thu, 25 May 2017 13:56:29 -0500
From:      Bob Willcox <bob@immure.com>
To:        Pete Wright <pete@nomadlogic.org>
Cc:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: status of drm-next[-4.7]?

On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 11:44:36AM -0700, Pete Wright wrote:

> On 05/25/2017 11:43, Steve Kargl wrote:
> > I have a Dell Precision 7510 mobile workstation on which
> > I installed the drm-next-4.7 branch (using instructions
> > from [1]) to get her up and running.  That installation
> > was done of Nov 16, 2016.
> >
> > I would like to upgrade to top-of-tree FreeBSD, but it
> > seems that trunk has not been merged into the drm-next-4.7
> > branch for several months.  Have sufficient patches been
> > merged from the drm-next-4.7 branch into trunk to allow
> > me to starting tracking stock FreeBSD-current?
>
> Current development has been happening in the "drm-next" branch on
> github.  This gets sync'd with upstream CURRENT on a weekly basis more
> or less, and is under active development and regression testing.
>
> Hope that helps!
> -pete

That's good to hear. I'm running an Intel NUC with an i7-5557U with a
Broadwell CPU that I installed the drm-next on about two months ago.

Is there any estimate of when the drm-next changes might get merged into the
CURRENT branch?

--
Bob Willcox    | Lawsuit, n.: A machine which you go into as a pig and
bob@immure.com |    come out as a sausage.