Date:      Sun, 24 Aug 1997 04:25:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG, brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu
Subject:   Re: ports/4360: New Port - amaya-1.0b

 * 	This port is essentially just installing the Linux binary.  There
 * 	is source code available for Amaya, but it requires Motif, which
 * 	I don't have.  W3 has also not ported it to use Lesstif instead.

Just FYI to all of you, the way Motif ports work is that people make
ports, we compile it with static libXm and distribute the package.
(See the handbook for details.)

Since lesstif is 100% compatible with Motif through linkage (i.e., can
compile and link anything that Motif can, although the resulting
binary may not run correctly), if you don't have Motif, just make a
port using lesstif and submit it.  Even if that binary doesn't work,
the package we eventually build will. :)

Satoshi