Date:      Wed, 28 Apr 1999 04:29:24 GMT
From:      mike@sentex.net (Mike Tancsa)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Radius Support

On 26 Apr 1999 23:35:54 -0400, in sentex.lists.freebsd.questions you wrote:

>> Dear Specialix,FreeBSD
>>

>> We have Specialix modem cards (SI/XIO ISA cards revision D)
>>
>> We run FreeBSD OS. 2.2.8 and 3.1
>>
>> Do you have Drivers so I can use Radius. (Auth & Accounting).
>>
>> Any help would be great !
>>
>> Thanks All
>
>Yes. There are a few radius implementations in the ports collection.
>Livingston radius under BSDI emulation also works, but only with DES
>passwords. At least, last time I looked. There is also the Merit AAA server,
>which is pretty nice. See www.merit.edu, compiles w/o modification under
>FreeBSD.

The source code from Livingston/Lucent compliles just fine under FreeBSD.
There is no need to use the BSDI binary.  Another popular Radius server
(better in some ways) is the Cistron implementation in /usr/ports/net

	---Mike
Mike Tancsa  (mdtancsa@sentex.net)
Sentex Communications Corp,
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada