Date:      Thu, 29 Jan 1998 22:04:37 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fxtv & XFree3.3.1 = bad vidmodes

cc: pruned, new topic.

On Thu, 29 Jan 1998, Randall Hopper wrote:

> So fxtv won't do on-the-fly video mode switching and viewport setting so
> that full screen video really is "full screen".  You'll have to manually
> flip modes down/up to 640x480 with the X mode hot keys (assuming AccelX
> supports this), and move your cursor around to scroll the desktop and get
> the video window centered on your screen.

While you're mentioning that particular feature, upgrading to Xfree86
3.3.1 seems to have broken it on my machine.  It was working okay with
3.2.  Or was it when I upgraded fxtv..?

1.  When entering fullscreen mode, the window is off-center; I have to
hunt for it.
2.  WHen exiting fullscreen mode, the display is scrambled, like the clock
is out of sync.  Switching modes and back remedies the problem.

I didn't change window managers then, but I am on kde now and was on fvwm.

Are these known problems with newer XFrees, or do I need an upgrade?

XFree86 Version 3.3.1 / X Window System
Release Date: August 4 1997
        If the server is older than 6-12 months, or if your card is newer
        than the above date, look for a newer version before reporting
        problems.  (see http://www.XFree86.Org/FAQ)
Operating System: FreeBSD 2.2-STABLE i386
Configured drivers:
  Mach64: accelerated server for ATI Mach64 graphics adaptors (Patchlevel
0)
Using syscons driver with X support (version 2.0)
(using VT number 9)

and ...

FreeBSD gdi.uoregon.edu 2.2.5-971020-BETA FreeBSD 2.2.5-971020-BETA #3:
Mon Jan 19 16:25:14 PST 1998
dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu:/u1/src-strip/sys/compile/GDI-W-STRIP  i386

and finally ...

fxtv 0.45