Date:      Thu, 24 Sep 1998 15:51:35 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Craig Johnston <caj@lfn.org>
To:        Chris Dillon <cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: diamond fireport 20, ok?

On Thu, 24 Sep 1998, Chris Dillon wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Sep 1998, Craig Johnston wrote:
>
> > Can someone confirm this works well with FreeBSD?  I've seen reports
> > on the 40 but not the 20.  Which symbios chip does the 20 use -- is it
> > an 875 or an 860?  Diamond doesn't supply this info in the specs on their
> > website.  (typical)
>
> Should be the 810.  If so, it will work fine.

Actually the Fireport 20 is an ultra scsi card, if I am not
mistaken.  I was wondering if they were using the 860 (ultra narrow)
or a crippled 875, or something else.

At this point it is academic for me -- I decided I didn't trust
diamond enough not to do something funny with the card, and
ordered a Tekram 390U.  (I wanted an external 50-pin connecter
rather than a 68, hence the U over the W.  I don't care much about
wide anyway -- just seems like a good way to pay more for cables ;) )

5'oclock computers (www.5oclock.com) has the U for $82, BTW.
Can't comment on them as a vendor as I have not yet received my card.
The F is a couple of bucks more.

Thanks to all who replied.

--
Craig Johnston, caj@lfn.org

abort(); /* live fast, die young and leave a good-looking core file */