Date:      Thu, 17 Apr 1997 17:04:32 +1000
From:      Joel Sutton <suttonj@interconnect.com.au>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Question about version numbers for my xgs emulator port

Greetings,

I'm working on an update for my xgs port but I wanted to get
something cleared up about the versions available before I submit.

The xgs release comes in two packages. First is a stable release, which is
version 0.40 (currently in the ports collection) and the second is 0.48,
which is a test release.  According to my interpretation of the
"ports instructions" in the handbook, we should have two separate
ports here. But what directory names should I give them??

Stable = xgs and Beta = xgs-0.48b  ???

It's so simple I feel stupid asking. ;-)

Thanks, Joel...