Date:      Mon, 13 Jan 1997 07:41:14 -0500 (EST)
From:      mi@aldan.ziplink.net
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   ports/2480: mbadblocks not created by mtools-3.0 installation

>Number:         2480
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       mtools manual page mentions mbadblocks which are not made
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Release:        FreeBSD 2.1.5
>Environment:

	There is a man-page for mbadblocks, and it is mentioned in
	the general mtools man page. yet the utility itslef is not
	built/installed.

>How-To-Repeat:

	cd /usr/port/*/mtools
	make install
	rehash
	mbadblocks a:

>Fix:
	I tried to cd /usr/ports/*/mtools/work/..... and explicitly
	make mbadblocks, which caused some compilations, but linkage
	failed... So I rushed to the send-pr without much more of an
	investigation.