Date:      Thu, 11 Dec 1997 20:14:49 -0800
From:      "brad" <bradt@scvnet.com>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   DNS Server

Hello,
  I have FreeBSD v. 2.2.2. running BIND 4.9.4, the port that came with the
CD's.  I can get named to work, but after a while it seems to just stop, I
can get to some hosts, but to others I cant.  I do a quick named.restart,
and everthing works again.  I was just curious if there where any problems
with Bind 4.9.4 running in FreeBSD v. 2.2.2.  If there are, what should I do
to correct them.  If not, Ive included a copy of my named.boot file, and
other db. files needed.  I have also obtained a copy of the new root.cache,
but that did not seem to help.  What next???

Thanks in advance,
Brad Tucker
zvi@t-networking.com

There is no reverse lookup on this IP block yet, so that is commented out:

;
; named boot file
;
; The first part of this file is maintained by configdns.  If you want
; to make additions, add them after the `DO NOT DELETE' line below and
; they will be retained across configdns changes.
;
;type  domain   source file or host
;---------------------------------------------------------------------------
-
directory /etc/namedb
;
cache  .    root.cache
;
primary  t-networking.com  db.tnetworking
; primary  19.117.206.in-addr.arpa  db.rev
primary  0.0.127.in-addr.arpa  db.127.0.0
; forwarders 206.117.16.2
;
; DO NOT DELETE THIS LINE -- place local changes below here
;
; -------PRIMARIES --------
;
primary  trendprinting.com   db.trend
primary  dba-assoc.com    db.dba-assoc
;
; --------SECONDARIES-------

; db.127.0.0
; Reverse resolution domain for loopback network
;
; This file is machine generated by the configdns program.  You should
; use that program to make changes if you want to continue using it
; in the future.  If you make changes here, they will be lost the
; next time configdns is run.
;
@ IN SOA zvi.t-networking.com. hostmaster.t-networking.com. (
    5 ; Serial
    3600 ; Refresh
    300 ; Retry
    3600000 ; Expire
    3600 ) ; Minimum
;
 IN NS zvi.t-networking.com.
 IN NS alpha.scvnet.net.
;
1 IN PTR localhost.
;
; DO NOT DELETE THIS LINE -- place local changes below here

; db.tnetworking
; Forward resolution for local names
;
; This file is machine generated by the configdns program.  You should
; use that program to make changes if you want to continue using it
; in the future.  If you make changes here, they will be lost the
; next time configdns is run.
;
@ IN SOA zvi.t-networking.com. hostmaster.t-networking.com. (
    7 ; Serial number
    10800 ; Refresh every 3 hrs
    3600 ; Retry every hour
    1728000 ; Expire every 20 days
    172800 ); Minimum 2 days
;
  IN NS zvi.t-networking.com.
  IN NS alpha.scvnet.net.
  IN MX 5 zvi.t-networking.com.
;
localhost IN A 127.0.0.1
;
;
zvi  IN A 206.117.19.2
  IN MX 20 zvi.t-networking.com.
;
t-networking.com. IN A 206.117.19.2
;
ftp  IN CNAME zvi.t-networking.com.
www  IN CNAME zvi.t-networking.com.
mail  IN CNAME zvi.t-networking.com.
ns1  IN CNAME zvi.t-networking.com.
;
; DO NOT DELETE THIS LINE -- place local changes below here