Date:      Wed, 15 Feb 2012 11:17:49 +0100
From:      Attila Nagy <bra@fsn.hu>
To:        FreeBSD Net <net@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Very bad distribution of packets between multiple listening threads

Hi,

I'm using FreeBSD 9-STABLE on a four core machine with bce to run
multi-threaded unbound with libev (using kqueue).
Here's the first message (not a long thread so far) about the problem:
http://unbound.net/pipermail/unbound-users/2012-February/002237.html

To summarize:
whether I run unbound in multi-threaded or multi-process mode, I get
very bad DNS query distribution between threads/processes.

There is sometimes a 10-fold difference in the queries served (QPS)
between threads (for example thread X gets 300, thread Y gets 3000).

What could be done to make this distribution more balanced between threads?
And where does this happens exactly?

Thanks,