Date:      06 May 2003 21:27:22 -0400
From:      Adam <blueeskimo@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Pleaaaasee help me

--=-GY4bhg9NwkdlOy2To21z

On Tue, 2003-05-06 at 20:23, matrix@altima.net wrote:
> when I try to install ports (using th make command or make install) copie=
d on my hard disk by /stand/sysinstall it try to acces the internet and tel=
l me that the connection is refused but it do not have any reason to go on =
the intrnet please help me making my ports working

The source tarball needs to be in /usr/ports/distfiles in order to
compile. 'make install' first checks if the tarball is there. If it is,
it goes ahead and compiles and installs. If it isn't, it goes online and
downloads it for you.

So, if you don't have internet access on that machine, you need to find
some other way to get the appropriate tarballs in /usr/ports/distfiles

--=20
Adam <blueeskimo@gmx.net>

--=-GY4bhg9NwkdlOy2To21z

--=-GY4bhg9NwkdlOy2To21z--