Date:      19 Dec 1997 09:56:19 +0100
From:      Volker Freiburg <volker.freiburg@neuroinformatik.ruhr-uni-bochum.de>
To:        markv@pixar.com
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Simple Frame Capture Code for bt848 Sought.

"Mark VandeWettering" <markv@pixar.com> writes:

>Does anyone have really simple software for capturing a single
>frame from the brooktree device and writing out (for example) a
>ppm file?  The fxtv and dtv source code are a bit convoluted, as
>is the source code the kernel.  It is unclear to me what mechanisms
>are supported and/or required.

Mark,

there is a set of example programs with the Linux port of the
meteor driver. Since the bt848 driver is based on the meteor
driver, at least the simple examples like "single" and "grab"
should do.  You can get it from

  ftp://ftp.rwii.com/pub/linux/system/Meteor/meteor-1.4c.tgz

--
Regards, -Volker Freiburg-