Date:      Sat, 18 Aug 2001 10:18:06 -0500
From:      Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen@math.missouri.edu>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Out of buffer space

Just this morning, about 12 hours after doing a make world with the most
recent stable sources, all my internet functions stopped working.  I was
operating my laptop which is directly connected to my firewall computer,
called hub.  If I typed:
ping hub
I got a series of messages like
Out of buffer space
Nothing else (like ssh to hub) was working - connections that I already
had to hub froze.  (hub was working fine at this time, except that it
couldn't connect to the laptop.)

When I rebooted the laptop, everything started working again.

Here are excerpts from dmesg if this helps.  (Didn't see anything
unusual in /var/log/messages.)

pccard0: <PC Card bus (classic)> on pcic0

pccard: card inserted, slot 1
pcic1: debounced state is 0x30000459
pccard: card inserted, slot 1
ep0: <3Com 3C574B, Megahertz 3CCFE574BT or Fast Etherlink 3C574-TX> at
port 0x34
0-0x35f irq 11 slot 1 on pccard1
ep0: Ethernet address 00:50:da:d0:ca:d6

Anyone got any ideas?  Any more info you need?

--
Stephen Montgomery-Smith
stephen@math.missouri.edu