Date:      Tue, 5 Dec 2000 17:36:40 +0000
From:      Tom Hukins <tom@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Ernst de Haan <ernst@jollem.com>
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SUGG: Using colors in http://www.freebsd.org/porters-handbook/porting-samplem.html

On Fri, Dec 01, 2000 at 04:40:53PM +0100, Ernst de Haan wrote:

> I suggest you use colors in the example Makefile for a new port in:
>
>    * http://www.freebsd.org/porters-handbook/porting-samplem.html
>
> to make it more obvious for readers what goes in the Makefile and what is just
> comments. I've attached a suggested replacement.

Thanks for taking the time to do this.  I agree with you that it
would be a good idea to distinguish between the types of information
displayed, but the way you have implemented this is impractical for
FreeBSD.

Although FreeBSD's documentation is available as HTML, it is written
in DocBook, then translated to HTML, PDF, etc.  For further
information, see <http://www.FreeBSD.org/docproj/docproj.html>.

If you can think of a way we can make this change to the DocBook
source, please send in your changes as a diff.  For more details on
what this means, see the Documentation Project's "Submitting
Documentation" page linked to from the URL I mentioned earlier.

Again, thanks for taking the time to improve FreeBSD's documentation.

Tom