Date:      Sat, 21 Feb 1998 23:38:25 +0100
From:      Gary Jennejohn <garyj@peedub.muc.de>
To:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: i4b on NetBSD 1.3

Wolfgang Helbig writes:
>> Hi!
>>
>> The previous problem is still there, I have ignored the code for now and
>> commented it out.
>>

>> ../../../../i4b/layer1/i4b_isic.c:52: opt_i4b.h: No such file or directory
>>
>> the next change is:
>>
>> /usr/src/i4b/layer1/i4b_isic.c
>>
>> // Sat Feb 21 19:52:51 MET 1998 	dave@turbocat.de
>> //#include "opt_i4b.h"
>
>Hmm, this was definitely the wrong way to fix. The file opt_i4b.h
>is created by config(8) and put in the kernel compile directory.
>It contains preprocessor symbols which in turn are used to control
>the inclusion of source.  Your ``fix'' effectively excluded all
>low level driver source and caused the breakage during
>
>Sorry, I don't know how to feed the NetBSD configuration to make
>it create opt_i4b.h. For FreeBSD this is described in FreeBSD/INSTALLATION,
>step 8. This one liner is the content of my opt_i4b.h:
>
>#define TEL_S0_16_3 1

This is partly my fault, I added the opt_i4b.h stuff shortly before Hellmuth
made the alpha release. Since I'm not running NetBSD I couldn't test the
impact of this change.

This should actually read:
#if defined(__FreeBSD__)
#include "opt_i4b.h"
#endif

but apparently Hellmuth missed i4b_isic.c :-(

What you need is an options line in your kernel config file. Look at
FreeBSD/CONFIG under the config: heading for the appropriate options
to use for each card. I believe that the NetBSD config should place an
appropriate -D<option> into the kernel Makefile.

Unfortunately, I neglected to update NetBSD/INSTALLATION and send the
diffs to Hellmuth when I made the change. Have to fix that oversight.

---
Gary Jennejohn
Home - garyj@muc.de
Work - garyj@fkr.dec.com