Date:      Fri, 10 Apr 1998 15:52:05 -0500
From:      dannyman <dannyman@dannyland.org>
To:        John Birrell <jb@cimlogic.com.au>, Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        opsys@mail.webspan.net, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   mozilla motif -> gtk

On Fri, Apr 10, 1998 at 05:14:40PM +1000, John Birrell wrote:

> My stumbling block is Motif.
> I won't buy from Xig because they penalize me for not being american.
> They want to charge me US$40 more for the same english language product.

I hope I'm not the first to suggest this, but the gtk folks, or is it the
qt folks?  Well, whoever it is they've ported Netscape, albeit somewhat
crudely yet, to their toolkit already, to the tune of a slightly prettier
interface and a leaner executable.  I could scratch up the URL if you
haven't been told about it already. :)

-dan

--
  //       dannyman yori aiokomete       ||  Our Honored Symbol deserves
\\/ http://www.dannyland.org/~dannyman/  ||  an Honorable Retirement (UIUC)