Date:      Wed, 05 Aug 1998 14:01:19 -0700
From:      Gilbert Pierre-Louis <gpls@ciocc.arc.nasa.gov>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Freebsd installation

I Have a pentium machine on which I have been trying to install
FreeBsd 2.2.2 form a CDROM. Some how, the boot kernel cannot read my
CDROM drive. During the installation process,  when I reach the point
for choosing an installation medium, I pick CDROM. the following message
pops up: NO CDROM DRIVE INSTALLED .

The strange thing is that I am able to build the boot-floppy from the
CDROM in WIN95 with no problem. Are you familiar with this problem? and
can you give me any suggestion on how to fix it ?

your help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

* Gilbert Pierre-Louis       *
*   NREN/NGI Project         *
* gpls@ciocc.arc.nasa.gov    *
* Nasa Ames Research Center  *