Date:      Tue, 19 Apr 2005 10:13:38 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Adam Maloney <adam@whee.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: virtual swich

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005, Eric Anderson wrote:

> Donatas wrote:
>> hello,
>>
>> are there any solutions for emulating a network switch between network
>> interfaces under FreeBSD 5.3?
>> i cannot use ng_hub because it does not filter packets by their mac
>> addresses...
>> the purpose is switching between ngeth0,ngeth1 and em0.
>>
>> any ideas are welcome
>
> Is this what you want?
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/network-bridging.html

I had a similar need a few months ago, and found two other projects that
might be helpful:

http://people.freebsd.org/~picobsd/picobsd.html
and picobsd(8)

http://www.pdos.lcs.mit.edu/click/

I had trouble building the correct configuration with Click.  I ended up
using a picobsd floppy.  Easy-peasy.

HTH,

Adam