Date:      Tue, 22 Jun 2004 10:34:35 +0100 (BST)
From:      jon.mercer@achean.com
To:        "Anatoliy Romanko" <aromanko@smile.eits.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: wpc54g pcmcia

Anatoliy,

Don't know whether you will have had an answer off thread but here is one
to consider.

The Broadcom chipset has been successfully made to run under FreeBSD, so
there should not be a problem with the card per se. You will certainly
need to get NDISulator (a.k.a. Project Evil) running and may have to ask
on the mobile@ about successfully tried Windoze drivers to incorporate.

The real problem you have is that your cardbus card is not being
activated. There is a thread running now on mobile@ that seems to suggest
that recent changes in CURRENT have broken cardbus support. Can I suggest
following this thread and building against CURRENT when it appears to be
fixed? 5.2.1p1 has been subject to a few advisories anyway so you really
should be running a later patch set.

Jon