Date:      Fri, 13 Jul 2001 10:03:33 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Mike Hoskins <mike@adept.org>
To:        Ryan Taylor <rjtaylor@ncia.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: $diety, I hate natd.

On Fri, 13 Jul 2001, Ryan Taylor wrote:

> Would something like this in your /etc/rc.conf do the trick:
>
> natd_flags="-proxy_rule port 8080 server 1.2.3.4:my_divert_port"
>
> This should divert incoming packets on port 8080 to the server 1.2.3.4 on
> port my_divert_port.  I use this on a firewall to send web traffic to our
> cache server.  Mine looks like this:
>
> natd_flags="-proxy_rule port 80 server 1.2.3.4:3128"

Thanks for the suggestion, it doesn't seem to get the packets routed
properly though.  The reason I hadn't tried proxy rules in the first place
was, per the man page, 'Outgoing TCP packets with the given port going
through this host to any other host are redirected...'  I'm wanting to get
_incoming_ ports to ${oip}:8080 to ${iip}:80.

From what I've found online and read in the man pages...  I think my natd
arguments are OK, I'm just fudging a divert somewhere.

Later,
-Mike

--
 Eat drink and be merry, for tomorrow they may make it illegal.