Date:      Mon, 1 Oct 2012 10:01:07 +0200
From:      Guido Falsi <madpilot@FreeBSD.org>
To:        andrew clarke <mail@ozzmosis.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mail/maildrop-2.6.0's maildirmake

On Mon, Oct 01, 2012 at 02:42:26PM +1000, andrew clarke wrote:
> I just discovered the maildirmake command has been inexplicably renamed
> maildrop-maildirmake between maildrop-2.5.5 and maildrop-2.6.0, which
> broke my maildrop rules. Maybe this should go into /usr/ports/UPDATING?

The file had to be renamed because it was conflicting with other ports,
just for example with mail/qmail. This is a problem with pkgng which is
going to be deployed as the standard packaging system in future versions
of FreeBSD.

Pkgng forbids installing packages which put files in the same place.

having ports/packages installing same files in same place is anyway bad
practice.

This is just to explain the reason why I had to rename a few files in
that port.

I'm going to ask my mentors about adding an entry in UPDATING.

Thanks you for the suggestion.

--
Guido Falsi <madpilot@FreeBSD.org>