Date:      Wed, 02 Feb 2000 02:29:22 -0600
From:      John Cirillo <jcirillo@fastlane.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Help! Clock is running fast

I hope someone can help me.
I've just installed FreeBSD 3.2 on a machine that I intended to be a
local network gateway, but the darn realtime clock is gaining 11 seconds
per minute!  I've used the generic kernel, then several kernels that I
compiled,     trying various settings such as emulated math processor
and not, all to no avail. The clock appears to gain 11 secs/min.  The
REAL clock is doing nothing of the sort, however. No matter how far off
the FreeBSD system is,  as soon as I boot to BIOS the time is correct
again.
I still have Win98 and RedHat linux on this box as well, and none of
them have such a wild time drift, more like 1-3 seconds per day.
Any help is appreciated! This is on a real Pentium 90 CPU which I've
been using for about 5 years with no problems, if that  has any bearing
on the problem.

Thanks,

John Cirillo
jcirillo@fastlane.net