Date:      Thu, 6 Nov 1997 08:54:20 +0200 (SAT)
From:      Jacques Hugo <jacques@linkage.ctech.ac.za>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Booting from first hdd

Hi there ...

I've installed 2.2.5 on my box this morning.
I've got 2 SCSI hardrives in there.  After doing
the slicing, the whole installation went well,
but ....  when the system boots, I get options

---------------------
F1 ... BSD
F5 ... disk2

F?:

The first disk I toggled bootable, and installed
the strap.  The second disk I left as is.  Whenever
I type in F1 to boot from the first disk, nothing
happens and the boot options are echo'd again.

How can I make only the first disk bootable, and
don't get the menu?

Thanks
-Jacques