Date:      Sun, 23 Oct 2016 20:15:34 +0200
From:      Piotr Szafarczyk <piotr-l@netexpert.pl>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   links not created by make install

Hi All,

Tell me where / how to diagnose the error please.

I have got a system upgraded from 10.1. Problems started with rebuilding
ports depending on perl. bin/perl5 and bin/perl5.20.3 were missing. It
looks like port building does not create links (after perl the same was
with postfix, freeze). Regular files are OK.

Freeze is a simple port, best to investigate. Everything looks good at
first:

tar tvf work/pkg/freeze-2.5_2.txz
... /usr/local/bin/fcat
... /usr/local/bin/freeze link to /usr/local/bin/fcat
[...]

ls -l work/stage/usr/local/bin
-r-xr-xr-x  4 root  wheel  22912 Oct 23 17:30 fcat
-r-xr-xr-x  4 root  wheel  22912 Oct 23 17:30 freeze
[...]

cat work/.PLIST.flattened
/usr/local/bin/fcat
/usr/local/bin/freeze
[...]

However there are no freeze and unfreeze under bin after make install.
Only fcat is in /usr/local/bin.

While playing with the port I receive errors when deinstalling tries to
remove links:
[smtpin.ibles.waw.pl] [1/1] Deleting files for freeze-2.5_2:   9%
freeze-2.5_2: missing file /usr/local/bin/freeze
[...]

I cannot find what is going wrong when installing (even with -d flags).

How should I debug this? Where and how to look for a cause of this problem?

Regards,
Piotr