Date:      Mon, 17 Mar 1997 22:33:56 -0800
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        "Louis A. Mamakos" <louie@TransSys.COM>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: latest bt848 code

>From The Desk Of "Louis A. Mamakos" :
>
> I've rebooted the system with the PCI bus latency timer set to 32, and
> it seems to be running pretty well so far.  I also added a change to
> short-circuit the interrupt service routine in the driver when interrupts
> are masked, but that shouldn't affect anything when the bt848 board is
> open - only when it's not in use, and that's not been a problem.
>
> So, I guess the bus latency timer may be the cause of the problems I've
> had - I'll know more after it's been running for a while.

Well the good old Bt848 was getting to many bus time outs and the
new error recovery was trying to hard to get you going back again.

> FYI, I noticed that with the driver open and doing a continuous capture
> with fxtv, it's generating 120 interrupts per second.  In the "tv in a window
"
I will leave the "excessive interrupt " problem for you guys to fix...

Glad to get you going, now don't stay up too late watching tv 8)

If your system stays up over nite then I say we got a driver !

	Have fun,
	Amancio