Date:      Wed, 3 Mar 1999 09:47:10 -0000
From:      "Bond, Jeffery" <Jeff.Bond@nectech.co.uk>
To:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "'acton@opentext.com'" <acton@opentext.com>
Subject:   Re: How much RAM for 3.1-RELEASE?

Hi Donald,

I bet it's the RAM and not the floating point emulation. I also experienced
varying times until the hang (using FTP), and I think another person on the
list has also had similar probs with 3.1 and 8MB. By the way, my problem
machine has a 486DX2, so that might rule out the floating point possibility.
I think I'll try your method of moving the disk to another machine to
install.

regards,

Jeff

1