Date:      Mon, 26 Jul 2004 12:10:05 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>
Cc:        acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   More on suspend problems in CURRENT on IBM T30

More on problems suspending in CURRENT. After the latest round of
updates, I tried suspend (S3) again. Again the backlight stayed on, but I noticed
one interesting thing that MIGHT be relevant.

After I start the suspend, the backlight DOES turn off. But, at the very
end of the suspend procedure, it turns back on! Here is the sequence with
approximate times:
% acpiconf -s 3
Pause for about 1.5 seconds
Screen blanks (back-light on) for about 2 seconds
Appox. 1 KHz beep
Backlight turns off for about .2 seconds
Screen turns back on and unblanks
Approx. 600 Hz. beep

All of this is with jhb's acpi_dpms patch to acpi_video.c (with changes
to accommodate recent revisions to acpi_video.c).