Date:      Thu, 5 Nov 1998 02:28:12 -0600
From:      "Brian C. Grayson" <bgrayson@orac.ece.utexas.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   a.out and disk-wait hangs

  If I try to run an a.out version of Netscape on a 3.0-RELEASE
box, it hangs after a second or two in getblk.  Other
(non-a.out) processes are highly likely to get permanently stuck
in disk-wait (D from top and ps's point of view) after this,
leading to a fairly wedged system pretty quick.  The jobs
don't respond to kill -9 or ^Z or ^C.

  Is this a known bug?  Do I have my system misconfigured?
It's highly reproducible on this box.

  Thanks in advance.
  Brian Grayson
--
"When you are going from a scalar proof to a vector proof, you either redo the
proof for each of the components, or you just put little arrows on top of