Date:      Fri, 3 Feb 2006 11:34:28 -0700 (MST)
From:      Scott Long <scottl@pooker.samsco.org>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org, src-committers@freebsd.org, sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [releng_6 tinderbox] failure on sparc64/sparc64

--0-554998001-1138991668=:10747

On Fri, 3 Feb 2006, Warner Losh wrote:

> From: des@des.no (Dag-Erling Sm=F8rgrav)
> Subject: Re: [releng_6 tinderbox] failure on sparc64/sparc64
> Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 10:22:25 +0100
>
>> Harti Brandt <hartmut.brandt@dlr.de> writes:
>>> The interesting point is: why does it build on my real sparc (2-UII CPU=
s,
>>> 512MByte memory), but not on the tinderbox. Is there something about th=
>>> crosscompiler that is different?
>>
>> Different CFLAGS perhaps?
>
> These different CFLAGS have been a source of unending problems.  I've
> broken the tinderbox build a couple of times when my LINT build worked
> w/o hassle.  And I got grumped at it, even though I did everything
> right.  Maybe we can build the interbox with a set of standard, well
> known flags?
>
> Warner

In this particular case, the problem only shows up when the module builds=
=20
as part of the buildkernel target.  It does not show up when the code is=20
built into thekernel nor when built as a standalone module.  I think that=
=20
this inconsistency is actually more problematic.

Scott
--0-554998001-1138991668=:10747--