Date:      Sat, 02 Jun 2012 14:57:10 +0200
From:      Mel Flynn <rflynn@acsalaska.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@freebsd.org>,  Chris Rees <crees@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: [HEADSUP] New framework options aka optionng

On 12-5-2012 5:41, Erwin Lansing wrote:

> All the details has been documented and written down on the wiki:
> http://wiki.freebsd.org/Ports/Options/OptionsNG

Sorry to jump in late, but it just occurred to me that I have a valid
case for "zero or 1" multi options or implemented slightly different, a
case for "if single is on, multigroup needs one, else multigroup must be 0"
The specific case is this:
- User can opt to force runtime dependency on a web server by selecting
one of 4 or none.

Same for mail server (3 choices). While these ports do not necessarily
conflict, there can be conflicting entries and as such I prefer to
narrow the choice to one. Makes more sense too for the practical case.

I currently have this implemented in old options, but I don't see a
clear way to do this with optionsng as the minimum for multi options is
1. I can of course present these as they are now, 3-4 simple options
with custom logic.
--
Mel