Date:      Wed, 01 Sep 2004 10:36:10 +0300
From:      Panagiotis Astithas <past@ebs.gr>
To:        Achilleus Mantzios <achill@matrix.gatewaynet.com>
Cc:        java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 1.4.2p6 build failure, build success and run problems

Achilleus Mantzios wrote:

> Since 5.3-BETA2 has gcc3.4.2 as default and kse is now renamed to
> libpthread and libpthread is now default
> (entry 20040303,20040130 in UPDATING)
> and since 5.3 is due on October, and since i got zero feedback
> for this problem, and in case something is not completely
> screwd up in my system,
> i'd like to ask if someone runs 1.4.2p6 on a recently cvsup'd
> -CURRENT (with libpthread,gcc34), using -server switch (e.g jboss), or
> happily using eclipse.
>
> My intuition says this is not a threading lib problem.
> Your feedback is invaluable.
>
> (Note, i did MEM checks, CPU temp checks, DISK cheks,
> and rebuilt world,kernel,cvsuped ports and rebuild jdk14
> at least 3 times).

I have been following your reports, but I can't reproduce your problem
at the moment. My BETA2 -current system has a jdk built before the new
compiler import and I can successfully run eclipse and jboss. If you can
use a jdk compiled with the previous gcc it would be interesting to see
whether this fixes things for you. Otherwise I will definitely recompile
my jdk  port at some point in the future and try to reproduce your
problem, but I don't know when I'll get around to it.

Cheers,

Panagiotis